Originally Posted by Efrain Barragan on Wednesday, October 10, 2012
Riesling Braised Bratwurst
Main course: Bratwurst braised in Riesling with caramelized apples & onions.
- Side dish: German Potato Salad with green beans tossed with a Dijon vinaigrette.
- Wine pairing: Our 2011 Dry Riesling.
- 4 High quality bratwurst.
- 2 Cups of 2011 Dry Riesling.
- 1 large yellow onion.
- 1 large red onion.
- 3 Small green tart apples.
- 1/2 lemon – juice.
- 2 tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Olil.
- Garnish with – Gary & Kit's Napa Valley Coarse Dijon Mustard.
Heat 2-tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a large dutch oven. Next, Sauté sliced green apples & onions, add the juice of half a lemon. Cook for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, nestle the raw bratwurst in the onion and apple mixture. Then, add 2 cups of Clif Family Winery 2011 Dry Riesling. Reduce to a simmer. Cover and cook for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, remove the sausage and grill on a separate skillet to brown the outer skin. While the sausage is browning, turn the onion/apple mixture on high heat and reduce until the onions and apples are caramelized.
Serve sausage with the caramelized apples and onions with a side of Gary & Kit's Napa Valley Coarse Dijon Mustard and German Potato Salad.
German Potato Salad Recipe
- 1 lb. tri-color small potatoes
- 1 lb. green beans
- 3 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp. of fresh lemon juice
Boil a large pot of water with a little sea salt. Add the potatoes and cook for about 10 minutes or until a fork can insert easily. Remove to cool. Add the green beans and blanch of 5 minutes. Remove.
Cut the small potatoes in half. Meanwhile create a Dijon Vinaigrette with 3 Tablespoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 1 Tablespoon of Lemon Juice. Mix the halved potatoes and blanched green beans. Toss with Dijon Vinaigrette and season with sea salt and fresh ground pepper.
- The History of Howell Mountain
- Ginger “drunken” peaches in Gewürztraminer
- Clif Family Winery in Mendocino County
- Layered Parfait with Meyer Lemon Marmalade Curd
- Vietnamese Style Noodles
- Auction Napa Valley